Sunday, March 28, 2010
Hoping and dreaming of a better world are not enough if we are unwilling to work - but when we work towards our dreams, wonderful things can happen.
HERE ARE CERTAIN TIPS TO SAVE WATER,PETROL & ELECTRICITY-BUT MOST IMPORTANT THING IS TOO BELIEVE THAT WHOLE OF WORLD IS OUR HOME - SO ALL THIS SAVING IS FOR MY OWN HOME-AND PLEASE DONT THINK HOW CAN YOU MAKE THE DIFFERENCE ALONE-YOUR SUGGETIONS AND EFFORTS ARE WELCOME.
HOW TO CREATE AWARENESS-V CAN USE BUSINESS CARDS,MAILING ENVELOPES,MONTHLY OR QUARTERLY NEW LETTERS ,WRITING SAVE WATER ETC SLOGAN ON OUR NOTICE BOARD,DISUCUSSING THIS WITH
AS MANY PEOPLE AS POSSIBLE,INVOLVING OUR KIDS IN THIS AS WELL
& MOST IMPORTANT-FORWARD THIS MAIL TO AS MANY PEOPLE AS POSSIBLE.
-PLEASE TRY TO INVOLVE MAXIMUM PEOPLE IN THIS PROCESS & BE A PART OF THIS AWARENESS PROCESS- Akela Chala Tha Main Aur Karwan Banta gaya
LETS MAKE A BETTER INDIATIPS ON HOW TO SAVE WATER (3RD WORLD WAR IF HAPPENS WILL BE FOR WATER)
· Don't let the water run while shaving or brushing teeth.
· Take short showers instead of tub baths.
· Keep drinking water in the refrigerator instead of letting the faucet run until the water is cool.
· Scrape, rather than rinse, dishes before loading into the dishwasher; wash only full loads.
· Wash only full loads of laundry or use the appropriate water level or load size selection on the washing machine.
· Buy high-efficient plumbing fixtures & appliances.
· Repair all leaks (a leaky toilet can waste 200 gallons a day). Its also a sign of bad fortune or results in too much expenses.
· Water the lawn or garden during the coolest part of the day (early morning is best).
· Water plants differently according to what they need. Check with your local extension service or nurseries for advice.
· Set sprinklers to water the lawn or garden only – not the street or sidewalk.
· Use soaker hoses or trickle irrigation systems for trees and shrubs.
· Keep your yard healthy - dethatch, use mulch, etc.
· Sweep outside instead of using a hose.
· Do not use water to get your vehicles washed,instead use wet clothes.
· Do not waste the drinking water or Rs.12 litre water will soon be available for Rs 40per litre.
· Do not waste the food,as lot of water and energy is consumed while cooking food.
TIPS ON HOW TO SAVE PETROL (IMPORT OF CRUDE OIL ACCOUNTS FOR 40% OF IMPORT OF INDIA)
· Start your vehicle,when you are ready to move,not when you have to turn or get it out of your home.
· Switch off your vehicle when you are stopped at Red Light.
· Always keep your petrol tank full,do not waste your time & petrol by getting it filled again and again.
· Get your vehicles serviced regularly.
· Use original and branded equipments in your vehicle.
· Use Two whealers where four whealer can be avoided.
· While using Four Whealer try to accommodate maximum people so that petrol is not wasted(This practice is used even in Thailand).
· Try to use bicycle and even walk,where u can,it is helpful for your health as well.
· Use AC or Heater of your car only when its too urgent.
· Start for your work early so that you don't have to drive fast,it avoids accidents as well.
· Keep proper air preassure of tyres of your vehicles.
· Follow the traffic rules,it too helps in saving petrol and avoiding accidents.
· Do not use mobile while driving,you loose the concentration from driving.
· Park ur Vehicle properly,so that traffic problem doesn't arrive,that too helps in Petrol Saving.
· Do not keep your cars on just for getting cool air of AC.Sacrifice a little comfort to Give big comforts to your next generation.
·MOST IMPORTANT-Use School Transportation system for sending ur kids to school and if you want a short time comfort for your kids and want them to send on ur own car,please…..take a few more kids from your neighbourhood so that there is saving of our national property i.e.Petrol and also help to control traffic problem.
TIPS ON HOW TO SAVE ELECTRICITY (RUPEE ONE SAVED FOR ELECTRICITY EQUALS TO RUPEE TWO USED IN GENERATING ELECTRICITY)
Try to keep your mobile on meeting mode-always avoid the vibrator mode,it will increase the talk time of
mobile battery & in turn also reduce the electricity use.
· Do not leave your electric appliances on stand by mode.By switching off at the main power button, or even the socket, you can save both energy and money.
· Items left on standby use up to 85% of the energy they would use if fully switched on.
· Use energy saving light bulbs to cut your costs considerably.
· No matter what type of lighting you are using, always turn the lights off when you leave a room.
· Take care of useless lights even in your school,office,friends or relatives house.
· There are a number of different solar-powered lights available for use in the garden. These lights are highly energy efficient.
· Washing machines and tumble dryers are big electricity users. You may not be able to cut down how often you use them, but small changes in how you use them will save energy and money.
· When using the washing machine, between 85-90% of energy is used just to heat up the water. Therefore, dropping the water temperature of your wash could significantly decrease your electricity consumption. Over a year, by using a warm wash rather than a hot wash, you could cut consumption nearly in half.
· Only use the washing machine when you have a full load. If you have to do a smaller wash, use the half load function. The spin on the machine may mean that more energy is used, but by spinning your clothes you are removing more excess water, therefore reducing your drying time in a tumble dryer.
· You can cut down on using tumble dryers by line drying clothes outside whenever possible or using an indoor clothes dryer when the weather is bad.
· A dripping tap can be not only annoying but if it is a hot water tap it can cost you in both water.
· There are a few easy ways to save energy when cooking which can also speed up the amount of time you spend over a hot stove. Always use the correct size pan and, when heating water, only use the amount you need.
· If only using a small pan, then use a smaller burner. Boiling water in the kettle first will save the time the burner needs to heat the water, and putting a lid on will help it come to a boil quicker.
· When making a cup of tea, only boil the amount of water that you need. Boiling a full kettle unnecessarily is a waste of electricity.
· The location of your fridge can make a difference in how energy efficient it is. Make sure it is out of direct sunlight and not close to the oven. It is best to keep it against an outside wall so that the heat it generates can escape easily, and always make sure that there are a few inches space all around the fridge so that air can circulate.
· Make sure you defrost your fridge and freezer on a regular basis or whenever necessary. An iced up freezer will make the freezer work harder, therefore wasting more energy than needed.
· Only set your fridge to as cold as you need it and avoid keeping the door open for long periods of time. The more cold air escapes, the harder the fridge has to work and the more electricity it uses. Check the seal regularly as a damaged seal also lets cold air escape.
· Never put warm or hot food into the fridge as this will make the fridge work extra hard to try and keep it cold; allow food to cool down first.
· In many homes, the single biggest electricity expense is the heating of water. This typically accounts for about 30% to 40% of the electricity account.
· By taking a shower instead of a bath you can save hot water. Showers typically use less water than a bath.
· Get the family into the habit of plugging the water basin when washing or shaving. Allowing hot water to pour out of the taps and down the drain is wasteful.
· Use the sun's energy to heat your water by installing solar panels. This will save electricity and cut down your electricity bill.
· Do not set the thermostat on the geyser too high. A setting of 50-60C is recommended.
· To optimize electricity efficiency, geysers should be located as close as possible to the points where hot water is being used.
THE MOST IMPORTANT THING-DO NOT DO WHAT YOU DON'T WANT OTHERS TO DO
AND REMEMBER TO START TODAY BECAUSE WHAT IS NOT STARTED TODAY IS NEVER FINISHED TOMORROW.